dear olive awarded me a versatile blogger award a month ago & it's taken me this long to respond. i'm versatile alright. architect. mama. tardy blogger. but i'm a super wife right husband?? i have to divulge 7 things about myself. here goes.
1. one of my favourite words is modernity. i like how it sounds. i like what it stands for. say it. you'll like it too.
2. i can get lost daydream-designing. it's true. if i get stuck somewhere without pen & paper i'll start designing places, normally houses, in my head. when combined with sleep deprivation, this can lead down a strange path. when mirka was a newborn, my coping mechanism for being awake at 3am & staring at the wall while settling her back to sleep would be to design-daydream. i knew i needed to get some real sleep when i started designing a house for the octomum & her tribe.
3. i'm a total piggy when it comes to chocolate. oh to be one of those people that take out a block of chocolate, snap off a row (one row! come on!) and put the chocolate away. so civilised. so unlike what a surveillance tape of me would look like. it would be ugly people. ugg-lee.
4. i enjoy making decisions. once it's made. it's made. hmm, that makes me sound quite close minded doesn't it? i hope i'm not. i like to think of myself as open minded but decisive. the only decisions i truly leave open though are design ones, because gawd knows a client will throw something in the mix later down the line. but that's ok because it gives me another opportunity to design & problem solve.
5. i love accelerating. not speeding. i'm too much of a goody 2 shoes for that, but i love planting my foot. so good when i'm driving somewhere & join a freeway. zero to 100 as fast as the subi will do it. it's no alfa romeo & not as much fun as the smartie, but it's as good as i got.
6. i like being naughty with kingsley. in front of her, so she tells me off. example? vivi had a terrible habit of giving the old elbow, nudge-nudge, when she wanted to point something out.. anyway after a car trip full of elbow nudges from vivi, i got out of the car & started singing "don't go nudging my arm".. you know, to the tune of "don't go breakin my heart". anyways, vivi was oblivious until i could contain my laughter no longer, but kingsley, kingsley, was giggling & giving me daggers, telling me to be quiet. joy.
7. number 7. well i've blurted my way here & now i've got nothin' for number 7. well, you've come this far. it's been years since i've been on a big holiday. my last big adventure was to the u.s. & before that was to italy. so, at the moment in my daydreaming head of mine, i'm toying with the idea of going to thailand to stay in a treehouse and ride an elephant or to travel to turkey & be blown away by the hagia sophia, like i was by the pantheon at night in rome. magic.
update: forgot to mention the image is a lot of thumbnail snaps of one of my projects nearing completion a few years ago.